If you want to watch HD movies or serials or other entertainment on your TV, then Dish TV installation is the best option for you. It offers a high-quality display for which it is mostly preferred by the users. So, if you are planning to install it in your home, then you should know the proper performing procedures. Therefore, when you purchase the device, you will find the manual book. This book will then instruct you on how to perform the installation process.
Most of the time, users are not able to install Dish TV even after going through the manual. In case you are one of them, then, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below in order to install Dish TV on your own. However, have a thorough look at the next section and then enjoy the high-quality services in your home without any streaming.
Steps to Perform for Installing Dish TV:
The most preferred place for locating the Dish TV is the roof. Due to this, the signal strength will increase gradually. But in case you are not permitted to install the Dish Network satellite on the outside, then you can place it inside the home without any hesitation. Here we have mentioned a full detail about Dish TV installation in Dubai.
Preparing to Install Dish TV
First of all, select a satellite network. But before that, check the compatibility of the satellite. Then, you will have to set your current location.
Now, check whether you are encountering the satellite’s signal properly or not. Thereafter, go through the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- After checking the satellite signal, type your city name and state in the respective field such as CITY, DISTRICT under the Your Location section which is located on the left side of the system screen.
- You will then find a drop-down menu, then select your satellite from the list which is available on the right side of the page.
- After that, click on the Search bar. But before that, make sure that the light is set as ‘Green’. In case you find that the light is set to red, which means the satellite is not working properly.
Thereafter, take a copy and write down the bearings of the network. Then, check out both “Elevation” and “Azimuth (true)” number. You can then use this number in order to adjust Dish TV in the future.
Thereafter, check if you have the proper hardware. Next, check out the list of the equipment before proceeding to the installation of the satellite dish.
- Satellite Dish: The satellite dish is used to receive the signal of the satellite. You should then have an 8-ft dish for the C-band channels or if you are using the Ku-band channel, then you need a 35-inch dish cable.
- Satellite Receiver: The satellite receiver is used to receive the satellite dish’s input and then, translate it into the channels for your TV.
- Satellite Tuner: It is then used to fine-tune the satellite of the position of the dish.
- HDTV: This is necessary for most of the FTA systems. Most of the time, the receiver will require the HDMI on the TV.
- Coaxial cable: Basically, packaged with the satellite dish, you need to purchase a shorter or longer cable depending on the location of the satellite dish.
Determine the Satellite Dish’s Optimal Position
You should aim for the satellite dish at the satellite itself. Therefore, you will have to find out the high location from which the dish can encounter the satellite without losing track for bearing the satellite.
- Also, you need to make sure that the satellite dish is not blocked by the trees, buildings or other obstructions.
- Thereafter, search for the best route from the dush to your TV. So, you need to run the coaxial cable from the dish to the receiver inside your home. Then, you will discover a path that reduces the appearance of the cable to the elements to keep the cable as close as possible.
- Most of the dish TV users route the cable along the side of the house and through a wall wherever required. But the cable setup process might vary depending on the requirement.
- If possible, you can purchase a new coaxial cable that will reach your dish from the receiver before moving further.
Installing the Receiver Dish:
Now, you need to install the receiver of the dish. To do that, secure the dish in the selected position. Thereafter, place the mast of the dish and then the dish itself will be on a stable surface.
After that, lock down the position with the help of the fasteners or bolts.
- It is very important to check that the dish is secured properly and make it as tight as possible. So, it can fight the windstorm.
- In case you place the dish on a wood roof, then you need to caulk around the base to make the distance of the dish from the water.
Now, point out the dish toward the satellite. With the help of the “Elevation” and “Azimuth” angle the satellite dish toward that you want to use. This will make sure that the dish is properly positioned to the satellite. Then, you need a compass for the step.
Thereafter, connect the satellite tuner. With the help of the 6-foot long coaxial cable, turn on the satellite tuner.
Next, you need to use the satellite tuner in order to fine-tune the horizontal axis of the dish. Then, turn on the satellite finder, and then input the satellite name or select it from the list. Thereafter, enter the frequency of the satellite. Then, you will hear a continuous beeping sound. Due to this, you can corroborate the position of the dish.
- First, rotate the dish right or left to adjust.
- Then, you will find beeping sound very simultaneously to make sure that you are rotating the dish in the correct direction.
- Now, rotate the dish in the opposite direction in case, the gap between the beeping sound gets longer.
In the next step, secure the horizontal axis of the dish. And then adjust the vertical axis of the dish. Next, connect the satellite to the receiver properly.
Now, you need to set up the receiver. To do that, connect the receiver into both your TV and the power source.
Then, turn on the receiver after connecting to the power sources. And then, switch to the HDMI input into the connected receiver.
After that, allow the receiver in order to perform the installation of the receiver. Now, select the satellite from the menu list and then with the help of the arrows move it to the left or right until you locate the name of the satellite.
Thereafter, choose the LNB frequency for the satellite networks. In case, if you are using the C-band network, then you need to select the 5150.
Finally, click on the Scan option under the Menu option. And then set the FTA Only section to Yes. It will then automatically scan for the channels.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Move My Dish TV?
It is not easy to move the Dish TV on your own. In such a situation, you need to give a call to customer care. They will help you to move the Dish TV.
- Can I have Dish Network in Two Locations?
In case, if you want to access the Dish network services at multiple locations at your home, you need to set up an extra account for residence.
- Can I install Dish TV myself?
Yes, you can do it yourself without facing any trouble if you know the exact process of doing it. Or you can take an expert’s help in order to install Dish TV.